The Truth about Bosnia & Hercegovina — eZine Bosniaks.Net. Division of Bosnjaci.Net English
ICTY analiza
Home  |  Archive  |  Search  |  About Bosniaks.Net  |  Bosnjaci.Net English

[ Bosnian ]

News
Genocide in Prijedor
PRIJEDOR MURDERS TRIAL: CONVICTIONS URGED FOR BOSNIAN SERB SOLDIERS
Autor: BIRN
Objavljeno: 22. Apr 2019. 14:04:47


The Bosnian prosecution argued that former Bosnian Serb Army soldiers Boro Milojica and Zelislav Rivic should be found guilty of responsibility for the killing of 19 Bosniaks, Roma and Croats in villages in the Prijedor area in 1992.

In closing arguments at the Bosnian state court in Sarajevo on Thursday, the prosecution insisted that it had proved during the trial that Boro Milojica and Zelislav Rivic, former members of the Sixth Company of the Bosnian Serb Army’s Ljubija Battalion, participated in a widespread and systematic attack on the non-Serb population in the Prijedor area in June and July 1992.

Prosecutor Sedin Idrizovic said that protected witnesses – former fellow soldiers of Milojica – confirmed that the defendant killed one Bosniak in the village of Hambarine in the Prijedor area and, acting together with another soldier, executed nine Roma people who had been brought there to bury corpses.

According to the prosecutor, witnesses confirmed that Milojica killed a Bosniak shepherd during a search of the village of Carakovo, as well as an elderly man while he was searching for gold in a house together with Rivic and another person.

The prosecution also said it had proved that Milojica and Rivic killed five Bosniaks who had been brought to a checkpoint in Hambarine by the military police.

Prosecutor Idrizovic recalled testimonies given by witnesses who said Milojica approached the minivan in which the Bosniaks were being transported and said: “Give them to me”, then took them out of the vehicle.

The witnesses then heard gunshots and saw Milojica and Rivic, who had rifles, standing next to the dead bodies, the prosecutor continued.

He added that on the same night, Milojica killed another person who was passing by the checkpoint in Hambarine.

Idrizovic cited further testimonies from witnesses who claimed Milojica and Rivic were also responsible for the death of a Croat civilian.

The defence lawyers will present their closing arguments on May 6.



Ostali prilozi:
» A LETTER OF CONSOLATION WITH MY INNOCENT ABEL BROTHERS
Dr. Mustafa Cerić, reisu-l-ulema (1993 - 2012) | 15.03.2019 21:02
» GRAND MUFTI EMERITUS OF BOSNIA H.E. DR. MUSTAFA CERIC: NEVER AGAIN!!!
Dr. Mustafa Cerić, reisu-l-ulema (1993 - 2012) | 31.01.2019 14:30
Ostali prilozi istog autora:
» SEXUAL ABUSE OF MEN
30.12.2014 20:54
» CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE
30.09.2010 15:39
» SHELING TARGETS
30.09.2010 15:37