The Truth about Bosnia & Hercegovina — eZine Bosniaks.Net. Division of Bosnjaci.Net English
ICTY analiza
Home  |  Archive  |  Search  |  About Bosniaks.Net  |  Bosnjaci.Net English

[ Bosnian ]

News
JAIL URGED FOR BOSNIAN SERB IN VISEGRAD MASS KILLING TRIAL
Autor: BIRN
Objavljeno: 16. Sep 2019. 13:09:00


The prosecution asked for the maximum sentence for former Bosnian Serb soldier Radomir Susnjar, who is on trial for killing 57 Bosniaks in a house that was set on fire in Visegrad in 1992.

The prosecutor told the Bosnian state court in his closing statement on Thursday that Radomir Susnjar, alias Lalco, should be given the maximum possible prison sentence for his participation in the murder of 57 civilians in a house in Pionirska Street in Visegrad in June 1992.

“The crimes against children, women and the elderly were committed in a cruel manner. The defendant has not shown any regrets or remorse for his actions. The verdict must serve as a message to the victims and their families that they will never be forgotten,” said prosecutor Seid Marusic.

Marusic said that protected witnesses and eyewitnesses confirmed that Susnjar arrived at a house in Pionirska Street in Visegrad in June 1992, accompanied by fellow Bosnian Serb fighters Milan and Sredoje Lukic, to which Bosniak civilians from the village of Koritnik had been brought.

Milan Lukic had ordered the civilians to hand over their money and other valuables, then Susnjar searched them, ordering them to take their clothes off and turn around and stand naked in front of him.

The prosecutor said the civilians were then ordered to move another house owned by a man called Adem Omeragic, into which Susnjar forced the last civilian, Hasib Kurspahic.

Milan Lukic threw an incendiary device into the house, which caused a fire, Susnjar threw in a hand grenade, and all three started shooting to prevent the civilians from fleeing, according to the indictment.

“Witness Huso Kurspahic described what he had heard from his father Hasib, who survived ‘the living bonfire’ through sheer luck. His father knew the defendant under the nickname of Lalco. After having been pushed into Omeragic’s house, he smelled some sort of fuel. He was sitting on the doorstep when he heard a strong detonation and fell on his back. He was wounded, he heard crying and smelled burnt bodies,” Marusic said.

A two-day-old baby was among the civilians killed, he added.

Marusic said that Susnjar fled to France in an attempt to avoid arrest but was extradited to Sarajevo last year.

“Justice is slow but achievable,” he added.

Susnjar pleaded not guilty.

Milan Lukic was sentenced to life imprisonment by the Hague Tribunal for crimes in Visegrad, including the murders in Pionirska Street. Sredoje Lukic was sentenced to 27 years in prison.

The defence will present its closing statement on September 18.



Ostali prilozi:
» “NOBEL PRIZE” AS “SHAME PRIZE”
Dr. Mustafa Cerić, reisu-l-ulema (1993 - 2012) | 11.10.2019 13:11
Ostali prilozi istog autora:
» SEXUAL ABUSE OF MEN
30.12.2014 20:54
» CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE
30.09.2010 15:39
» SHELING TARGETS
30.09.2010 15:37